District Nursing Team is provided by Oxleas.
There is a team of District Nursing Staff attached to the Practice with an out of hours rota providing a wide range of Nursing care to housebound patients. Referal is by the Doctors/Nurse Practitioners and Practice Nurses and liason from acute hospital services when required at hospital discharge.
The community nursing team is made up of:
- district nurses
- staff nurses
- healthcare assistants
Examples of care provided include:
- assessment and management of complex, chronic and acute nursing needs
- Advice on bladder and bowel control (continence management)
- Medicine management
- Wound assessment and care
- health education and promotion
- Advice regarding feeding
- acute and long term conditions care i.e. diabetes
- Palliative care (end of life care)
- Post operative treatment and care